Public Health have recommended that residents on the Northern Beaches from the Spit Bridge to Palm Beach stay home for the next 3 days and isolate in an attempt to stop the current COVID cluster growing further out of control. They have been asked that no visits to shops or cafes are carried out. At this stage it is a recommendation – but one that we are following in the interest of the safety of our members.
In light of this, until further notice, SLS Sydney Northern Beaches and Queenscliff SLSC have taken the following steps:
- Closed the Club House and gym.
- Cancelled Club Christmas party.
- Cancelled all Nippers activities including, training and the Christmas party.
- Cancelled all assessments and skill maintenance (proficiencies) activities. This includes any outstanding nipper proficiencies.
- Cancelled all surf sport activities and carnivals.
- Cancelled all training which includes surf boats, beach running and board training.
With regards to the assessments and proficiencies that were scheduled for this weekend – Bronze, SRC & IRB – they will be rescheduled for the new year when we have more information. Members who require the awards by 31st December for competition purposes, will not be disadvantaged.
Northern Beaches Council have announced this morning that NO flags will be raised over this coming weekend on the beaches and Queenscliff has made the decision not to patrol over the next few days.
I will provide an update as soon as I receive any further information.
I urge everyone to please be safe over the next few days.
Can I please ask that you also reach out to our Life Members and those considered to be in a high risk category, or are at home alone, to ensure they are staying safe and well.
Please contact me should you have any queries or concerns.
President Queenscliff SLSC
Mobile Number : 0412146493
Email : email@example.com