Silver Medallion IRB Driver
The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to effectively drive and manage an Inflatable Rescue Boat (IRB) in surf rescue operations.
Candidates must meet ALL of the following conditions:
- be at least 16 years of age to commence training
- be at least 17 years of age on the date of final assessment
- hold and be currently proficient in:
1. Bronze Medallion/Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)
2. IRB Crewperson Certificate
- meet the local state Marine Licensing requirements - (Candidates must hold either a current RMS Boat licence or complete the SLSNSW Pre-Course Power Craft Workbook 1 to be eligible for this course
- hold the following units of competency (normally attained on completion of the Bronze Medallion/Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)):
1. PUACOM001C Communicate in the workplace
2. PUAEME001B Provide emergency care or HLTFA201A Provide basic emergency life support
3. PUAOPE002B Operate communications systems and equipment or PUAOPE013A Operate communications systems and equipment
The Power Craft workbook must be completed and signed off by an endorsed Assessor or Facilitator prior to commencing any PowerCraft training in the water. Refer to RMS Boating Handbook for workbook questions.
View Surf Life Saving course syllabus and Vessel Regulations
If you are interested in this course or any others, please visit the link to complete the Expression of Interest Form