We are on the countdown to “flags up” at Queenscliff Beach and you’ll find the seasons patrol calendar in the members lifesaving section on the website.
We are expecting an increased beach visitation this summer due to ongoing travel restrictions and a forecast of hot temperatures so we know it will be a very busy beach this season. Unless advised otherwise by the authorities, we will commence the patrol season on 26 September 2020 with Covid restrictions.
So what can you do prior to the start of season?
- Pay your member fees through the Member Portal https://members.sls.com.au/SLSA_Online/modules/login
- Login to the Member Portal before your first patrol and complete the Bronze / SRC proficiency (skills maintenance) online training which is how dry proficiency is now completed. If you don’t have a member portal contact Carla in the office. Go to “eLearning” and login and select “My Training”. Wet proficiency will be done on patrol with your patrol captain.
- Put your patrol dates in your diary and let your PC/ VC know if you cannot attend any of your patrols.
Safe return to patrols is our focus
We have a Covid Safety Plan which is updated regularly and on the front page of our website or head to Surf Life Saving Sydney Northern Beaches or SLSNSW website for updates on Covid.
- If you are sick, please don’t come to patrol and let your captain know
- If you are self-isolating after travel, let your captain know
- You must sign a register when entering and leaving all areas
- All cleaning hygiene protocols must be followed and use hand sanitiser
- Club toilets and change rooms remain closed. Use council toilets
- There can be no more than 4 people in the patrol shed and no more than 6 people in the IRB shed. We cannot congregate (4sqm rule applies)
- Masks are optional however there will be some in the patrol shed to use
- We need to stay 1.5m apart when on patrol with each other and the public
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds and cough or sneeze into your arm/elbow
- Covid rules apply to DRSABCD – displayed in the patrol shed
- Covid Patient Treatment Guidelines to be applied – displayed in the patrol shed
- Download the Covid Safe app if you wish to
Thank you all for your continued support and we’re looking forward to heading back to the beach. If you have any questions, please let us know.
Kelly Beverley and Sam Kitchen