This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills needed to manage emergency first aid situations and deliver competent emergency care until the arrival of professional medical support. Once completed‚ participants will obtain a first aid certificate that is valid for three (3)years. The First Aid course is nationally recognised WorkCover approved training. It is recommended by the Australian Resuscitation Council that the CPR component of this course be updated every 12 months.
- Legal issues and infection control
- DRSABCD action plan
- The principles of first aid and its applications
- Recognition and management of emergency situations and convey details of the incident to emergency services
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Defibrillation
- Contribute to workplace reporting of an incident and psychological impacts on self and others
- Treatment of shock, infection, fractures, bleeding and burns
- Emergencies due to lack of oxygen, excess heat or cold
- Recognition and management of medical conditions that may need emergency care, including heart attack, stroke, asthma, diabetes and epilepsy
- Management of common medical emergencies using available equipment
- Treatment of poisoning including venomous bites and stings
This course is assessed through demonstration, presentation and application of all elements of competency in the workplace. Participants will be required to complete activities that may include role-plays, oral and written questioning, practical demonstrations and performing scenarios.
Course Pre Requisites:
- Participants must be a minimum of 14 years of age.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment for the following units of competency:
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 – Provide first aid
If you are interested in applying for this course, please complete the Expression of Interest Form below.