Updated Information for Queenscliff SLSC Members
With the easing of some restrictions for those of us who are fully vaccinated, the Public Health Orders now contain new parameters for ‘Exercise and Outdoor Recreation
For Queenscliff SLSC Members exercise (e.g. surf sports training) is permitted under the provision relating to outdoor gatherings, with the following restrictions in place.
- Up to 5 people can gather in outdoor settings if all those aged 16+ are fully vaccinated (otherwise this is reduced to up to 2 people), including participating in exercise (e.g. sports training).
- QSLSC have decided that although the Public Health Order states U12’s should not be counted toward group numbers, groups of U12’s participating in pre-season Nipper training should not exceed 5 (including coaches/water safety) to align with the spirit of the Public Health Orders.
- Exercise includes training in Surf boats, Double Skis, Beach Sprinting, Board paddling, IRBs and is contingent upon compliance with all other relevant aspects of the Public Health Order.
- Only members who have uploaded to our website (www.queensie.com) via form below, a copy of their vaccination certificate are permitted to attend training. This includes coaches, water safety, age managers and parent helpers. Carla’s email address is email@example.com.
au for any queries.
- The Clubhouse, Indoor Toilets, Showers and Gym are still closed. Access is only permitted to gear storage areas . It is mandatory to QR code and wear face masks for all who enter the storage areas including the boat, board, ski, patrol and IRB sheds.
- Do not congregate in groups of more than 5. This is particularly important on the beach and in front of the patrol shed and Club equipment storage areas.
- Your Surf Sports and Nipper team leaders will allocate or stagger times/blocks for exercising/training in groups of 5.
- Surf boat crews must have staggered times for each crew and ensure that 1 crew has left prior to the next arriving and ensure that required cleaning of equipment is carried out in between crews.
- Nippers preliminary skills assessments can be completed for the purpose of ensuring member safety when training/exercising and must be conducted in line with outdoor gathering rules (i.e. max of 5 in stay at home areas)
- Remember we are still bound by our social distancing requirements even outdoors
- Training is only in your LGA or within 5kms from your home