The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to effectively operate and manage a Rescue Water Craft (RWC) in surf rescue operations.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of an RWC Operator
- Operate an RWC
- Perform rescues
- Prepare and maintain an RW
- Minimum 18 years
- Advanced Resuscitation Techniques Certificate
- Bronze Medallion
- Provide First Aid
- Silver Medallion Basic Beach Management
- Silver Medallion IRB Driver
- Current NSW Drivers Licence with tow capacity
Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive the SLSA Rescue Water Craft award and a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the following units of competency:
- PUAEQU001B – Prepare, maintain and test response equipment
- PUASAR016A – Operate and maintain a personal water craft for rescue operations
These units of competency derive from the Certificate III in Public Safety (Aquatic Search and Rescue)PUA31310.
If you are interested in applying for this course, please complete an expression of interest form.