The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to effectively drive and manage an Inflatable Rescue Boat (IRB) in surf rescue operations.
Candidates must meet ALL of the following conditions:
- be at least 16 years of age to commence training
- be at least 17 years of age on the date of final assessment
- hold and be currently proficient in:
- Bronze Medallion/Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)
2. IRB Crewperson Certificate
- meet the local state Marine Licensing requirements – (Candidates must hold either a current RMS Boat licence or complete the SLSNSW Pre-Course Power Craft Workbook 1 to be eligible for this course
- hold the following units of competency (normally attained on completion of the Bronze Medallion/Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue):
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive the following units of competencies:
- PUAEQU001B Prepare, maintain and test response equipment
- PUASAR014A Operate and maintain a small powercraft and motor for rescue operation
These units are also part of the nationally recognised qualification PUA31312 Certificate III in Public Safety (Aquatic Search and Rescue)
The Power Craft workbook must be completed and signed off by an endorsed Assessor or Facilitator prior to commencing any PowerCraft training in the water. Refer to RMS Boating Handbook for workbook questions.
Click Here to view Course Syllabus.
If you are interested in applying for this course, please complete an expression of interest form.