The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills, knowledge and application of oxygen, airway management devices, and automated external defibrillators during resuscitation, and to administer oxygen to conscious and unconscious breathing casualties.
- Recognise an emergency situation and convey details of the incident to emergency services
- Assess the casualty and develop a management plan
- Check resuscitation equipment including defibrillation equipment
- Maintain an airway by: Using suction and oropharyngeal airways (OP airways)
- Resuscitate a casualty using two person techniques using oxygen equipment and defibrillator
- Use oxygen to provide therapy
- Recover and restore oxygen equipment
- Manage life threatening bleeding the application of tourniquets and haemostatic dressings
- Recover and restore defibrillation equipment
- Contribute to workplace reporting of an incident and psychological impacts on self and others
This course is assessed through demonstration, presentation and application of all elements of competency in the workplace. Participants will be required to complete activities that may include role-plays, oral and written questioning, practical demonstrations and performing scenarios.
Course Pre Requisites:
- Participants must be a minimum of 15years of age on the date of final assessment.
- Participants must hold a current HLTAID011 Provide firs aid certificate
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive the SLSA Advanced Resuscitation Certificate and a nationally recognized statement of attainment for the following units of competency:
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
If you are interested in applying for this course, please complete an expression of interest form.