We can’t thank you enough for volunteering your time to help us host one of the greatest events in Queenscliff SLSC history.
If you are unable to attend to you shift
We sincerely appreciate you giving up your time and if by any chance you are unable to attend your shift due to illness or any other reason, please contact Ken immediately. Please text Ken on 0416 192 770.
Please read below for some important information regarding your relevant shifts.
SLSNSW requires all State Championship Volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
If you have not previously uploaded your vaccination certificate to the Queenscliff SLSC website you can do so here https://www.queensie.com/covid-19-vaccination-certificate/ however you may also be required to show your certificate to our Administration Staff when you sign-in for your shift.
This will be manually recorded and not stored electronically.
At the beginning of your shift, you are required to sign-in at our Administration Office. Located upstairs in Queenscliff Surf Club (enter the club and take the stairs to the right and then Admin is first door on your left.) Our Parking volunteers can sign-in with their relevant team leader at the assigned carpark area if easier.
Please note: Non-Carnival Days sign-in will be with your team leader or in the Administration Office
Our staff will direct you to your Team leader for the day for briefing.
You will also receive at sign-on:
A Thank You Kit and Bucket Hat – if it is your first shift.
A volunteer shirt if you have signed up for 3 or more shifts.
At sign-in for your 3rd shift – your invitation to the Final Day NSW Championships Volunteer Party.
One food and one beverage token – allocated per shift.
Food will not be provided without your food token!
A workforce BBQ will be operating in the club house upstairs, and our bar will be open from 12pm and will close promptly at 7pm.
Only double vaccinated volunteers, club and community members etc are allowed into the club house, gym, training rooms, toilets, showers, and bar areas.
Free Parking for our volunteers will be available at Aitken Avenue (enter via Pittwater Road) on the day of your shift. There is NO Parking in front of the club house for anyone.
At the end of your shift please sign-off in the Administration Office. Especially if you are a patrolling member who requires your hours recorded. If you can work another volunteer shift at another time or another area, please make that known to your Team Leader and the Administration Office.
Finally, we hope you have fun and enjoy the event!
Parking Volunteers can sign on and off upstairs in the Admin or head straight to their designated location and sign on with their Team Leader.
If you need to pick up your free gear or food and beverage tokens come to the Admin Office.
6am – 8am
After sign-up please meet at the patrol shed.
Duties will involve putting tents up, setup tables and chairs and delivering water and area equipment to various official locations along the beach.
BBQ RESPONSIBILITIES EACH SHIFT:
- Eftpos must be always charged.
- Cash will be collected on a regular basis by David Piper or Rob Graham-Smith
- Wear gloves and use sanitiser please
- NO FREE giveaways
- Queenscliff Volunteers may come to BBQ with a ticket for food or a beverage if they are unable to get upstairs to the Volunteer BBQ ensure this ticket is kept with any cash received as it needs to be accounted for at the end of the day
- BBQ area is to be always kept clean and ensure it’s clean for the next shift
- Wipe down tables regularly and at end of shift with a clean cloth
- Wipe and fill sauce bottles regularly
- Slice Open Bread rolls and put in a serviette, so as you have 2 X trays always ready – same with sliced bread, 2 X pieces bread in a serviette
- Do not put food on ground/grass
- Cook enough food so that there is very little waiting time for purchasers, but manage it to not overcook OR stockpile
- All cooked food in trays and cover with foil on standby and always kept hot
- At the end of the day please ensure the BBQs are cleaned and rubbish is in garbage bags.
- Garbage is to be taken to nearby large bins outside the club OR in the compound to the south 70 metres
- At end of day put aprons and tea towels in tub provided
- All dirty utensils are to be placed in tub provided for collection at end of day.
- Extra rolls/bread will be stored behind patrol/IRB shed – so please re stock when required
- Extra bacon/sausages/eggs/onions etc will be stored portable cool room on site – Please restock when needed
- Team Leader for each shift please check that you have enough:
- foil trays
- garbage bags/bin
- CHUX wipes
- BBQ and Tomato Sauce
- hand sanitiser
Should you require more please contact Craig or Greg via two way or radio or if unable to reach anyone please use mobile and call 0419 403240
Drinks and Ice Creams will be available for sale from our Patrol Shed.
- After signing on by 0745, please meet on the beach in front of the club house – our ATV will be parked there each morning ready to go.
- Our duties are to respond to official requests for beach set up maintenance and changes
if and when requested. Beach “maintenance” includes checking for overflowing garbage bins. From time to time, we may also be asked to assist other teams in their duties such as delivering morning tea and lunch to officials.
After sign-up please meet at the patrol shed.
Duties will involve putting down tents, packing away tables and chairs, securing equipment and cleaning areas – ready for competition next day.